- Suitable for use in small volume enclosures.
- This totally new concept in miniaturised automatic fire suppression employs the well proven principle of Firetrace ™ linear detection which ruptures when exposed to fire.
- The Pyroflex consists of a sealed thermoplastic tube filled with liquid extinguishant gas.
- The tube, when fitted within equipment to be protected, will in the event of fire soften and burst at its hottest point releasing the extinguishant gas directly into the heart of the fire.
- Standard Pyroflex tubes are filled with Dupont FE25. They operate @ 70°c and should not be stored above 50°c.
- Pyroflex is only suitable for non-ventilated enclosures not exceeding 1.0m³.
- Pyroflex tube filling ratio:-
Dupont FE25 in 8mm tube 25 grams per metre = 20% head space Minimum design length 25m per m³
Dupont FE25 in 12.5mm tube 70 grams per metre = 20% head space
- Minimum design length 10m per m³
- To estimate the amount of Pyroflex required multiply the volume to be protected in m³ by the length of tube, as shown below.
8mm Pyroflex (25 metres required to protect 1m³)
12.5mm Pyroflex (10 metres required to protect 1m³)